Ever wish you could turn on your favorite app – Foodspotting, of course! – and win a trip to Hawaii just for recommending the Mai Tai you're having? Well, you're in for a treat!
Starting today and ending on September 18th, if you spot one of many qualified Hawaii dishes, you'll be automatically entered to win a trip for two to experience the Hawaii Food & Wine Festival on the island of Oahu.
SPOT TO WIN
– 2 round trip coach airline tickets from the U.S. Mainland to Oahu and one compact rental car for duration of the stay courtesy of Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau.
– 4 nights accommodations in an ocean view room at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
– Admission for two to Mauka to Makai: Hawaii's Sustainable Future grand tasting event on Saturday, October 1st, part of the Hawaii Food & Wine Festival.
Spot one of the dishes listed below. Each eligible foodspotting counts as a separate entry, so spot as many qualified dishes as you'd like to increase your chances of winning. Quality photos are encouraged as always and inaccurate sightings will be disqualified. The contest will end on Sunday, September 18, 2011 at midnight PT. Winner will be randomly selected from the pool of candidates. For legal reasons, the contest is only open to U.S. residents age 21 and older. For more details on the rules, click here.
ELIGIBLE DISHES INCLUDE...
– Hawaii is the only US State to grow chocolate, vanilla and coffee. Any dish or drink that is already a type of chocolate, vanilla or coffee qualifies.
– Kalua Pig or Kalua Pork
– Poi, Taro, Kalo
– Moi, Ahi, Mahi Mahi
– Poke (raw fish salad)
– Pineapple, Guava, Lilikoi, Coconut
– Mai Tai, Lava Flow, Piña Colada
– Plate Lunch (any type)
– Shaved Ice
– Macadamia Nut
– Fruit Punch
With Summer coming to a close, this is our attempt to extend the remaining sun-filled days for you. Happy spotting, and tell your friends about Foodspotting! As the people of Hawaii would say... Mahalo.
Photo courtesy of Hawaii Food & Wine Festival