Have you heard of Okonomiyaki, Takoyaki or Kushikatsu? I grew up in Pittsburgh, where I was a Pierogi and Primanti Brothers Expert, and while my adventurous parents did their best to expand my horizons by feeding me everything from Egg Foo Young to Liver & Onions, there were so many dishes I simply couldn't find in Pittsburgh or even the US at all. So, as you may have heard by now, I started Foodspotting when a trip to Osaka, Japan opened my eyes to how many dishes I'd never heard of before.
Since then, I've discovered so many dishes using our redesigned apps -- from Dosas to Doubles -- but discovering dishes using our website has never been quite as easy. So we set out to change that this summer. Today, we're excited to announce our first web redesign since August 2010, which not only unifies the site and apps, but enables you to slice and dice over 2.5M dishes in all kinds of ways.
Be sure to try...
- Browsing entire walls of all things Pumpkin Pie, Red Velvet, or Bananas Foster.
- Staying on top of mashups like Ramen Macarons from Adriano Zumbo and Pulled Pork Doughnuts from Gourdough's.
- Exploring regional cuisine, from Istanbul, Turkey and Tbilisi, Gerogia to Taipei, Taiwan and Tasmania, Australia.
- Seeing how many regional specialties you can spot at McDonalds around the world.
- And, of course, setting your location so you can find great dishes nearby!
Share your discoveries!
These are just a few of the great finds our team has been exchanging all summer, and we can't wait to see what you discover! We'll feature your best finds as #dishoftheday.
- Set your location or pan & zoom the map to adjust it.
- Search for whatever you're craving by dish or by restaurant.
- Share your favorite finds on Twitter or Facebook, right from the header, using the hashtag #dishoftheday on Twitter or mentioning @Foodspotting on facebook!
But what happened to ___?
In addition to reimagining the foodseeking experience, we've redesigned every other page of the site to make your photos shine and draw attention to what matters most: It’s all about the food. This means some features have been simplified or shuffled around, which we realize may take some getting used to. But in the end, we hope you'll enjoy less clutter and MORE FOOD as much as we do! (Hint: Your Dashboard Feed, Guides and People all can be found under “Share”)
Still can't find something? Have questions or thoughts? We're here to answer and listen!
Visit our Redesign FAQ & Feedback Forum »