Napa Valley, long associated with great wine and great food, kicks off its first ever Napa Valley Film Festival (November 9 – 13) tomorrow to add movies to its list of great offerings.
To celebrate the occasion, the Napa Valley Film Festival collaborated with top Napa Valley restaurants to create an extensive Movies to Dine For contest guide featuring dishes the restaurants created in honour of the inaugural NVFF - all inspired by their favourite movies. Some participating restaurants you may recognize include Morimoto Napa, Farmstead, Bardessono and many more. To see a full of list of who's participating, visit NVFF's Foodspotting guide.
What's even better? NVFF is giving away 3 special awards and amazing prizes for contest winners. Just follow the guide and spot the items inside.
- Awarded to the entrant who spots the most menu items during the 5-day festival.
- Winner will receive two 2012 Festival Passes, a gift certificate to legendary Napa Valley restaurant, a Tassimo Innovative Home Brewing System, and the opportunity to participate in the 2012 Foodspotting Jury.
- Awarded to the restaurant whose dish is spotted the most during the festival.
- Winning restaurant will receive a pack of six 2012 Day Passes, plus a special bottle.
BEST MENU ITEM
- Awarded to the chef with the best presentation as voted on by the Foodspotting Jury.
- Winning chef will receive a large format bottle of wine.
The official hashtag is #NVFFnom, so get ready for some great films, good eats and be sure to tag up your sightings and tweets!