This is the official spotting guide to Foodspotting's first ever dumpling "waddle" (since we're too well-fed from Thanksgiving last week to crawl).
Couldn't make it on the crawl? Here's our waddle itinerary to help you master this guide:
There are 1-2-3 reasons why we're celebrating with an eatup on 12/3:
1) It's 12/3 12:30 — the next best cosmic alignment after 11/11/11 11:11:11
2) We're nomming 1^2+3 types of dumplings: fried, boiled, steamed, and soup dumplings!
3) Waddling off that 12.3 pounds from your TurBaconEpic Thanksgiving the week before.
Waddling best practices:
- Even though there are amazing fried, boiled, steamed, and soup in all neighborhoods and boroughs of NYC, we're going to focus on Chinatown in Manhattan.
- We'll be doing a lot of walking, so shelve those Louboutins and take out those Vibram Five Fingers (or any other preferred athletic footwear)
- Wear layers (hopefully we'll get some cardio done between stops, but standing outside to eat can get chilly)
- Please bring cash (most places won't take credit cards, so cash is dumpling king)
- Bring a camera (or other preferred Foodspotting device) and get ready to waddle to dumpling heaven!