Find & share great dishes, not just restaurants.
Find whatever you're craving, see what's good at any restaurant and learn what foodspotters, friends and experts love wherever you go.
— Meng · New York Food Tour · created over 2 years ago
This is the official spotting guide to Foodspotting's first ever dumpling "waddle" (since we're too well-fed from Thanksgiving last week to crawl).
Couldn't make it on the crawl? Here's our waddle itinerary to help you master this guide:
There are 1-2-3 reasons why we're celebrating with an eatup on 12/3:
1) It's 12/3 12:30 — the next best cosmic alignment after 11/11/11 11:11:11
2) We're nomming 1^2+3 types of dumplings: fried, boiled, steamed, and soup dumplings!
3) Waddling off that 12.3 pounds from your TurBaconEpic Thanksgiving the week before.
Waddling best practices:
- Even though there are amazing fried, boiled, steamed, and soup in all neighborhoods and boroughs of NYC, we're going to focus on Chinatown in Manhattan.
- We'll be doing a lot of walking, so shelve those Louboutins and take out those Vibram Five Fingers (or any other preferred athletic footwear)
- Wear layers (hopefully we'll get some cardio done between stops, but standing outside to eat can get chilly)
- Please bring cash (most places won't take credit cards, so cash is dumpling king)
- Bring a camera (or other preferred Foodspotting device) and get ready to waddle to dumpling heaven!
Follow this guide to find these dishes wherever you go. Upload your own photos to show off the things you've tried.Spot 1 item to earn this badge.
Add items to your guide.